Cucumbers are good for you right? Sure. Ok on that note I was in the mood to make a smoothie and try something new today. Because I didn’t have any avocados I went with half a peeled cucumber. Surprise, it was pretty delicious!
I recommend making this green smoothie if you’re in the mood for something light and hydrating. It’s not too sweet but a perfect balance of green and fruity.
Makes approx 40 ounces – two 20 ounce servings.
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled & cubed
- 1 banana
- 1 tangerine, peeled
- 1 handful of pineapple chunks (no more than half a cup)
- 2 tbsps flax seed (ground flax words best unless you have a high powered blender)
- 1 small bunch of kale (aprox two cups pulled from stems and shredded by hand)
- 2 cups Yerba Mate or other unsweetened green tea